Posted: 16/07/2015 Author: Michael W. Roosevelt
Posted: 16/06/2016 Author: Sue Kukadia
Posted: 26/04/2016 Author: Tara Ende
Posted: 22/04/2016 Author: Tomiko Suzuki
Posted: 03/11/2017 Author: Josh Sims
Posted: 02/11/2017 Author: Santa Fe Relocation
Posted: 01/11/2017 Author: Wridgways
Posted: 31/10/2017 Author: Paolo Longo
Immigration Update | Taiwan
7 September 2017
New Part Time Work Permit Available for Spouses
The Taiwan work development agency has announced a new type of work permit now available to foreign national spouses of foreign national employees. The permit grants spouses the privilege to engage in part-time professional or technical work.
Who will be affected?
- Foreign national spouses of foreign national employees working in Taiwan
- The regulation is in effect since July 26, 2017.
- This change comes in the context of the implementation of the Taiwan government’s recent strategies to encourage foreign professional talent to work and live in Taiwan.
- This new permit is available for foreign national spouses of foreign national professionals engaged in “Class A” professional or technical work. Spouses must also only engage in “Class A” professional or technical work, which includes the following categories:
- Civil engineering or architecture
- Communications and transportation
- Tax and financial services
- Real estate
- Immigration services
- Health care
- Environmental protection
- Culture, sports, and recreation services
- Academic research
- Other work designated as per the joint consultation of the central governing authority and the central competent authorities
- In order to be eligible for this permit, the dependent spouse must:
- Hold a valid Alien Residence Card (ARC) for dependent purposes;
- Meet the minimum salary requirement for “Class A” professional work (200 NTD per hour); and
- Meet the relevant education and experience requirements for their category of professional or technical work.
- Employer regulations have been adjusted accordingly to allow the opportunity for smaller sized companies to hire foreign professional spouses using the new work permit structure. Hiring firms are no longer required to meet the normal minimal capital and income requirements for employers hiring foreign professionals.
Santa Fe Analysis:
- Assignees spouses may now be legally eligible to seek and engage in employment in Taiwan.
- Employers and individuals potentially eligible for this new work permit should consult with our immigration specialists for further details.
- Santa Fe offers full Alien Resident Certificate (ARC), work permit, and immigration services to assist with processing new permits for anyone in need.
Should you have any questions, please contact the following:
Santa Fe RelocationTaiwan
D: +886 (2) 2749 4420 ext. 104
Regional Immigration Manager
Santa Fe Relocation Singapore
D: +65 6398 3015 (615)
M: +65 9108 1654